Have you ever seen plushies that are cute and ugly at the same time? No? Well, I have found some for you. Today I share with you my Blobfish Plush Guide. For anyone who doesn’t know what a blobfish is, they are fishes that live in the deep sea, away from the surface, where humans usually lurk around. It was even named the world’s ugliest fish! Now that’s a bit harsh, don’t you think?
No matter how ugly blobfishes are, they are precious to the deep-sea habitat as they are known to be bottom feeders. Unfortunately, you can’t own a blobfish as a pet, but if you really want one, you can buy the plushie version.
The blobfish plushies are ugly but in a cute way. I got my first blobfish plushie as one of my gifts for my 21st birthday. It sure gave me a laugh. My mom told me that she bought it for me to remind me that whenever I feel sad, I can look at the blobfish, and its face would cheer me up. And she was right!
Now, whenever I get a day where I feel off, I look at my blobfish, and its face just instantly puts a smile on my face. That is why I’m so excited to be sharing my blobfish plush guide with you today so that you can experience the same joy.
Are you ready, guys? Let us get started!
Bottom Line Up Front
Have you always really liked blobfishes and wanted one? Sadly, you can’t own a real one. But I’m here to share with you a guide to blobfish plushies so you can choose your favorite one.
My favorite blobfish plush is the Squishmallow Eric the Blobfish. I’m obsessed with Squishmallows. He is cute, soft, and squishable, which helps with my anxiety. He is also small-sized, so I can take him with me wherever I go, which I love.
Let us have a look at my other top picks.
- Squishmallow Eric the Blobfish – Perfect for those who love blobfishes and Squishmallows. With this plush, they can have the best of both worlds.
- Hashtag Collectibles Stuffed Blobfish Plushie – I love that he is so fluffy and soft. I also find it cute that he looks so sad. It makes me want to hug him even more.
I chose the blobfish plushies mentioned in this article according to the following criteria:
- Blobfishes that are soft, cuddly, and made out of excellent quality.
- Blobfishes that are safe for your kids to play with and won’t cause any safety hazards.
- Blobfishes that all include similar features like big noses, black eyes, huge lips, fins, and tails.
- Blobfishes that are easy to clean.
- Blobfishes that include the same colors, like light pink and coral pink/darker pink.
Blobfish Plush Options
Hashtag Collectibles Stuffed Blobfish Plushie
- Brand: Hashtag Collectibles
- Size: 12 inches
Aw, guys! Just look at this blobfish plushie; how can you not love it? It has this huge protruding nose and thick pink lips, which look like he is sulking. His lips also remind me of a clown’s lips (thick and look like sausages).
He has cute little pink fins on the sides of him. I love his light pink color and the fact that he is so fluffy and cuddlable. His face looks so sad; it makes me want to cuddle him and give him the biggest hugs. It might sound silly, but his sad-looking face warms my heart and puts a smile on my face.
- I love his appearance. He looks so sad with his lips, and I think his nose is adorable.
- This would make a cute gift for a blobfish lover.
- It is soft, fluffy, and made out of great-quality materials.
- It is an excellent size for you or your kids to cuddle or play with.
- You can put it anywhere, and it will make the area look cute and relaxed.
- Due to the material of his eyes, they might become scratched and dull.
- He is a bit pricey.
- He might become less fluffy after a couple of washes.
Squishmallow Eric the Blobfish
- Brand: Kellytoy
- Size: 8 inches
Meet Eric, the Blobfish Squishmallow guys! Yes, I just had to include a Squishmallow blobfish version. I love Squishmallows so much, and the guide would be incomplete without it. Eric is bright pink in color, and his belly is light pink. He has round black embroidered eyes, huge lips, and a round nose. I love his pink coral fins on the side of him.
Eric likes to keep things balanced and likes to be adventurous but can also be lazy at times. He likes to do paddle boarding and kayaking. But when he is done being adventurous, he enjoys taking naps. Same Eric, same! His favorite dessert is peanut butter fudge ice cream, and he can eat it all day. I could also do that easily!
- His facial features are embroidered on. So it is safe for your kiddies to play with, as you don’t have to worry about parts coming loose.
- He is a gorgeous bright pink color.
- He is small, which makes him great to take with you on adventures.
- Great gift for Squishmallow lovers.
- It is easy to clean.
- For its size, it is quite pricey.
- The lips surrounding the smile look weird to me.
- Because his belly is so light in color, it might easily show dirt.
- Because the pink line of his nose is right above the mouth, it makes it look like he doesn’t have a nose.
Pink Blobfish Animal Toy Plushie
- Brand: Fiesta Toy
- Size: 10.5 inches
If you are looking for a blobfish plushie that has more of a realistic look but is not so realistic that it will scare your child, this is a great option. He is in a pretty light pink color, with the rest of his fins, tail, and lips being coral pink. I like that the “gills” details are added to add to the realistic vibe.
He has that signature big nose and small black eyes. His big juicy lips are my favorite part, and I love that he looks so sad. I would name him Sulky Sue.
- He has more of a realistic vibe compared to the other blobfishes mentioned.
- I love the contrast of his light pink body to his coral pink features.
- He is a great size.
- He is easy to clean.
- He is very affordable.
- I like that he has the white dots on his black embroidered eyes to give it a more realistic look.
- Stains will show easily on his body because he is such a light pink color.
- His fins feel floppy, and I would have preferred if more stuffing was added to them.
Lulezon Blobfish Plushie
- Brand: Lulezon
- Size: 10 inches
This blobfish plush is my least favorite from the list. He looks extra angry, and I don’t like the fact that his nose is pointing downwards. He is light pink in color, with the rest of his features being a darker pink. His facial features are embroidered, and so are the fins’ details.
- I like that his facial features are embroidered on.
- I like that his fins, tails, and lips are a darker pink color than the rest of his body. It makes him stand out more.
- His size makes him travel-friendly.
- Because of the fins, he might be uncomfortable to cuddle with.
- The light pink part will get dirty easily.
- I don’t like his black colored eyebrows. It makes him look very angry.
- I don’t like that his eyes cover part of his blushy cheeks.
Avocatt Cute Blobfish Plushie Toy
- Brand: Avocatt
- Size: 10 inches
Now to me, this blobfish plush looks like a basketball with lips attached to it. I think it is because its head is so round. Its lips remind me of girls who overline their lips way too much. I’m not a big fan of this blobfish plush, but I appreciate a few things about it.
For one, I like that the material is soft and squishable. And that it is made with great quality and that the features are embroidered on. This way, you don’t have to worry about it becoming a safety hazard for kiddies around you.
- It is safe for your kiddies to play with as it is made with great quality. You won’t have to worry about parts coming loose and becoming a choking hazard.
- The material is soft and squishy. I like it because it gives great hugs and helps with my anxiety if I squeeze it.
- It is affordable.
- It is an excellent size for your kids to play with. They can take it on trips with them or when they go to a sleepover with their friends.
- I found its shape weird because it is so round.
- Its nose looks weird and flattened out.
Alternative Blobfish Options
Below you will find some alternative blobfish options that you can add to your collection. Let us have a look.
NUFR 2 pcs. Blobfish Stuffed Squishy Mochi Toy
Having anxiety is the worst! I can tell because I have it. One of the best ways to release stress and reduce your anxiety is to squish a squishy toy. You can pull and stretch this toy to calm you down, and you don’t have to worry about it breaking. The best part is that it comes in two, so you have two squishy toys to play with.
I also like that it is easy to clean if it gets dirty. You can wash it with water and soap; it will be as good as new. I love it!
Pink Blobfish Slippers
My feet are always cold, so I wear socks and walk around the house in funky big slippers. So I’m obsessed with these slippers. These slippers are perfect for keeping your feet nice and toasty and giving the people around you a good laugh. It will make a great gift for a slipper lover. Who wouldn’t love to receive these cuties?
Meikiup Blobfish Gift Blobfish Makeup Blobfish Lover Gift
This blobfish pouch is perfect if you’re looking for a new makeup bag. Its quality is impressive and big enough to fit a powder, lipstick, and other makeup you would need to bring for touch-ups. Also, the blobfish print is just too cute to be ignored. It would also make a great gift for anyone obsessed with makeup.
Question: In What sizes are the Blobfish Plushies Available?
Answer: You can find blobfish plushies ranging as small as 2.5 inches to blobfish plushies as big as 24 inches. This way, you can find the ideal size blobfish you are looking for.
Question: Is there a Blobfish Squishmallow?
Answer: Yes, there is! The Blobfish Squishmallow’s name is Eric. He is available in 8, 12, and 24 inches. Eric loves to live a balanced life where he is adventurous but can also be lazy sometimes. He is my favorite blobfish plushie.
Question: Are the Blobfish Plushies Affordable?
Answer: This will all depend on what you classify as being affordable. But the blobfish plushies can range from $10 to over $40.
Question: Where Can I Buy Blobfish Plushies?
Answer: You can find the blobfish plushies at the following places:
We have reached the end of the blobfish plush guide, guys. Trust me, you will have no “bloblem” finding a blobfish plush to add to your collection. As I made sure to include the best and cutest options for you.
The blobfishes may look weird, and some might even find them ugly. But they are special in their own way and valuable to their deep-sea habitat. Sadly you can’t get a blobfish as a pet, but you can get the plushie version that you can keep forever. They might be all blob, but I find them cute and love them very much.
What was your favorite blobfish plush mentioned in this article? Let me know in the comments below. I would recommend getting the Squishmallow Eric the Blobfish. It would make the perfect gift for someone obsessed with blobfishes and Squishmallows. They also make the perfect cuddle companions.
I also recommend getting the Pink Blobfish Animal Toy Plushie. He has the most realistic features of all the plushies mentioned and also has more of a fish shape compared to the rest.
What are you waiting for, guys? Go get yourself, your friend, or your family member these blobs of cuteness today!